The City of Coppell is introducing another convenient e-Government service for online customers. Water utility customers can now view the current bill plus a two-year rolling history of water utility payments. Access is easy and simple, and saves time and money. Your account information is available 24-hours, 7-days a week from your home or office. You can even pay your bill through our electronic bank drafting service or online in a secure site!
- View Your Payment History - Allows the user to view their payment history including the latest bill.
- Verify Your Account Information - Need to update phone numbers or mailing addresses? Online capabilities allow you to see your current contact and billing information.
- Current Billing Statement - Allows customers to view their current bill detailing meter readings, water consumption amounts and various charges.
How Do I Access My Online Utility Bill?
To access your online utility bill, you will need a MyCoppell profile.
YES, I have set up a MyCoppell profile
- Log into MyCoppell using your username and password.
- Forgot your username and password? Click on the Support link at the bottom of the MyCoppell page. Enter your email address to receive a system generated password. Or, you can call 972-304-7017, Mon. through Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or email email@example.com.
- Once logged in, click on the link that says Modify Your MyCoppell Profile. You'll need to check several areas of this screen. Make sure you have your most recent water bill in hand to verify phone and account numbers. Scroll down to the required phone number field. The key is to make sure that the customer phone number listed in the upper right hand corner of your utility bill matches the phone number listed in this required Home Phone field. If the phone number does not match, you must call Utility Billing for assistance at 972-304-3695, Mon. through Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- If the phone numbers match, scroll down to the check box that says I would like to view my utility bill information online. Add a checkmark in the box next to this statement.
- You will also need to input your account and customer numbers. For those who might have multiple water utility accounts, you can enter up to five different accounts. If any of the numbers are transposed or include dashes, your sign up will not be successful. Please enter the numbers carefully.
- Click on the SAVE button. This will take you back to your customized start page that will now include the link that will take you to this great new service.
NO, I have not set up a MyCoppell profile
- Create an Account on MyCoppell.
- Fill in the fields with your personal information. You will need to have your most recent water bill handy to complete this procedure. Pay close attention to those fields requiring information (denoted by an asterisk *). The key is to make sure that the customer phone number listed in the upper right hand corner of your utility bill matches the phone number you put in the required Home Phone field. You will also need to input your account number.
- Scroll down to the check box that says "I would like to view my utility bill information online" and place a checkmark in the box next to this statement.
- Next, enter your account and customer numbers. For those who have multiple water utility accounts, you can enter up to five different accounts. If any of the numbers are input incorrectly, transposed or include dashes, your sign up will not be successful. Please enter the numbers carefully.
- Click on the SUBMIT button. You have now completed the set up procedure for your MyCoppell profile.
Electronic Bank Drafting Service
The City offers electronic bank drafting service for monthly water bill payments. This can be arranged with almost any financial institution at no additional cost. Customers selecting this payment option will receive a monthly bill stating "Amount Due will be Bank Drafted - DO NOT PAY." Your bank will then deduct the water bill amount approximately two or three days prior to the due date printed on the bill and forward your payment to the City. Please allow four to six weeks for drafting to be activated. There is no charge for this bank draft plan and the draft option may be discontinued at any time by simply notifying the City in writing. You can download a bank draft form on the City's website by clicking Utility Bank Draft Form. Please contact the Utility Billing office to help you select this service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for this program? To access your online utility bill you will need a MyCoppell profile.
Once I have viewed my online bill, can I pay online? There are several options consumers can use to pay their utility bill with the easiest and most convenient way being electronic bank drafting. Customers will still receive a paper bill in the mail enabling them to pay with a check via the US Postal Service or delivered in person to the Utility Billing office, 255 Parkway Blvd. Customers who want to pay online can visit the website OfficialPayments.com where a credit card can be used to pay the bill. OfficialPayments.com charges a "convenience fee" based upon the amount of the bill.
|Amount of Bill||Convenience Fee*|
|Amount of $1 up to $50.01||$ 2.95|
|Amount of $50.01 up to $100.01||$ 5.95|
|Amount of $100.01 up to $200.01||$ 7.95|
|Amount of $200.01 up to $400.01||$12.95|
|Amount of $400.01 up to $1,000.01||$29.95|
|Amount of $1000.01 up to $2,000.01||$59.90|
|Amount of $2000.01 up to $3,000.01||$89.95|
|Amount of $3000.01 up to $4,000.01||$119.80|
|Amount of $4000.01 up to $5,000.01||$149.75|
|Amount of $5,000.01 or greater||OfficialPayments.com|
Convenience Fee* - OfficialPayments.com charges a convenience fee to process a payment. This fee is paid directly to Official Payments Corporation. The City does not receive any portion of this fee. Your total billing amount includes all applicable taxes.
What other payment options do I have? Customers can pay their water utility bill in several different ways including in person, at two different drop-off locations, and over the telephone with a credit card.
- In Person / Hours of Operation
The city of Coppell Utility Billing Department is located 255 Parkway Blvd., Coppell, Texas. Normal office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. The lobby window is open until 7 p.m. each Wednesday (with the exception of holidays).
- Drop Off Locations
For customer convenience, two drop boxes are available for utility payments. One drop box is located in the lobby in Town Center, 255 Parkway Blvd. A drive-thru drop box is located in the parking lot of Town Center. Cash payments must be made at the payment window inside Town Center and should never be left in the drop box.
- Over the Telephone with a Credit Card
Customers may pay a water utility bill by telephone using a MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card. A convenience fee is applied to all credit card payments. To pay by credit card, customers simply call toll free 1-888-318-5433 and follow the voice instructions. Convenience fees charged in addition to the total bill are listed above.
- Need Help?
Experiencing problems? Contact our Utility Billing at 972-304-3695, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or email at H2Obills@coppelltx.gov.