City of Coppell Police Department
130 Town Center
Coppell, Texas 75019
Division Commander: Captain Tony Pletcher
The Patrol Division consists of thirty-five sworn officers with two supervisors (one Sergeant and one Corporal) assigned to each shift. Manpower is then further divided into four twelve-hour patrol shifts. In addition to these assignments, the division also utilizes a five-member Traffic Unit, whose primary focus is the enforcement of local/state traffic laws and investigating accidents. Duties performed by the patrol division include:
- Responding to 911 calls for service (assaults in progress, criminal mischiefs, burglary of habitation, alarms including business and residential, loud noise disturbance, family violence, reckless driving ...).
- Initial investigation of crime scenes.
- Traffic Enforcement and Accident Investigation.
- DWI enforcement.
- Preparation of written incident and information reports.
- Preparation of Case Reports for submission to the District Attorney.
- Testimony before County Grand Juries, County Criminal Courts, Municipal Courts and Family Law Courts (on occasion).
- High visibility beat patrol (the City of Coppell is divided into four "beats", each beat has an assigned Police Officer).
- Vacation House Watch checks.
- Preventive Maintenance checks on Police Equipment.
- Operation of Police Department radio and computer mobile data systems.
- Operation of departmental intoxilyzer.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of State and Local criminal statutes.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
- Maintaining a current knowledge Departmental and City Written Directives.
- Crime Prevention checks of business and residential properties.