Gardeners use their gardening skills to raise fresh produce and donate it to the Metrocrest Social Services Food Pantry and the Coppell Senior Center. Donating over 10,000 pounds of produce annually.
Plant a Row for the Hungry Metroplex Drop off and Saturday Food Pantry Pick-up:
10 am every Saturday morning year round!
Helping Hands Garden, 255 Parkway Blvd.
Ground Delivery Garden, 450 S. Denton Tap
Bountiful Harvests grown especially for the families in need...
- Adopt a Plot Gardeners grow produce and harvest fresh for the food pantry.
- Produce is sorted, weighed and recorded at each garden.
- The fresh produce is picked up by volunteers from Metrocrest Social Services.
- Produce is cleaned and bagged at the Food Pantry by volunteers.
- Families with emergency needs are given coupons to get fresh produce at the Food Pantry.
- Excess produce is distributed to the local Senior Centers.
Bountiful Harvests include vegetables and fruits...
- Harvested and donated year round in the Coppell climate
- Produce grown without chemicals purely for sharing food with others
- High in nutrition with minimal handling or transportation
- Diverse Produce includes heirloom and heritage varieties.
- Winter- Broccoli, Cabbages, Scallions, Kale, Collards, Beets, Turnips
- Spring- Lettuce Mixes, Greens, Artichokes, Strawberries, Carrots, Radishes, Bok Choy
- Summer- Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant, Okra, Onions, Potatoes, Beans, Cucumbers, Squash,
- Fall-Watermelon, Cantaloupe, More of Spring and Summer until the freeze, sometimes as late as December.